Saturday, October 29, 2011

And now for something completely different

Mowgli doesn't want me to leave
It's 1am, and i'm about to head to bed.  Going to get up around 6 to get ready for the insanely long trip i'm about to make.  It took me all day to pack.  As of right now, my suitcase weighs 44 pounds.  tomorrow i'll have to reweigh it again after i put all my toiletries in it.  50 pounds or bust.  I'm pretty sure my back pack is going to weigh a ton as well...  It has 3 sketch books, a folder, a novel, a travel guide, and soon, my lap top and charging cord. 

This whole thing seems entirely surreal.  I can remember going to my first NCECA in Pittsburg and looking around at all the tables.  Project Network was one that I visited with, and drooled over.  that was over 3 years ago.  I would have never imagined in a million years that I would get the chance to participate in this.  Young, naive, and hopeful-- I've come a long way.  It never fails to amaze me how things just tie together.  I don't believe in religion, but sometimes it seems like there is a such thing as fate. 

HELLO FIRENZE!!!  TAKE IT!
This will be my second trip to Europe this year.  I went to Italy in June for 2 weeks.  That was definitely amazing.  The only laundry facility i had was a holiday inn bathroom sink and a hair dryer (which i accidentally melted a bra with, haha).  The hair dryer only went so far, so in the morning, the scene on the left is the result.  I'm sure my uncle loved having to see that.  Luckily, there are laundry facilities where i'm going, and time to do laundry.  It will be an interesting time to compare to the Italy trip, as the Italy trip was planned to the 9's and everything was scheduled.  There was hardly enough time to totally take in some of the places we stopped at.  The longest we stayed anywhere was in Venice, which was about 4 days.  This trip to Denmark will have me staying in the same place the whole time and making day trips to museums and local studios.  Everything's going to be all right.  Until next time.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment