Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another off day

Since the majority of people showed up last night, today has been made into a day where we are free to run around the town and explore.  I went around and took pictures of the grounds today.  It's the first day i've been here when it's been sunny.  the last two have been foggy and wet.  I may be going into town to check out the second hand stores if someone will go with me.  I need a warmer/longer sweater for around the house.
My bedroom window treatments

So far, this has been a wonderful experience.  I share a room with an american girl, Megan, and a Korean girl, Hyerin.  All of the people are very nice.  Besides the aforementioned, there are people from japan, sweeden/holland, ice land, denmark, russia and britain.   there've been extra people here as well, here to use the soda kiln. 

The town is very small, but it's pretty nice.  there are 4 grocery stores, a bunch of thrift stores, and the wonderful bakery i mentioned  in my last post.  My room is nice.  it's the only room to have a bathroom directly attached to it.  apparently, there's a def artist who lives in it at least 6 months out of the year, and most of his art tends to be erotic.  he left these wonderful panels pinned to the windows.

The town name Skaelskor, apparently translates out to "dandruff crazy".  fun facts!

No comments:

Post a Comment