Sunday, March 4, 2012

So much waiting!

My new job is going well.  It's a little stressful at times, but that's any kind of assistant job.  I'm well on my way to getting a studio together.  My best friend said she'd loan me her two kilns, which will be awesome because i'll get to retrofit them with electric kiln sitters and so some maintenance on them.  I love messing with stuff like that!  I'm starting to look around for used wheels.  After that, the search for local studio space is on.  I can't say just how frustrating it is to not be able to do what I want, but after I get everything together, it will be more rewarding.

Among other things, the last 2 months have started to get to me.  Last night I went out with two of my lady friends to go see some industrial bands.  Serendipity smiled upon us, and I once again remember how wonderful life can be.  It's so easy to forget when you're somewhat in between a rock and a hard place.  I'm just hoping the after glow will stay with me for a long time.  Joy, even when exposed in small amounts, should never have a half life.

No comments:

Post a Comment