Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Job 2012

I just started a new job as an administrative assistant today.  I like it a lot so far.  It keeps me so busy that the time just flies.   The building that I work in houses a branch of the FBI as well.  Apparently someone in my office went to the men's room and found a holstered gun sitting on the back of the toilet.  He went back to the office and was talking about taking the gun to the FBI's office...  The other staff thought that was a risky plan...walking through the door of the FBI with a gun in your hands...  hahaha.  He ended up covering the gun with some paper towels, then went down to their office to tell them.  The part that really kills me is that a federal officer not only left his gun in a bathroom, but didn't even realize it until someone came to tell them.  I can't even begin to imagine how much flac that guy got from everyone else in his office for that.  It's almost as hilarious as the Simpsons episode where Henry Kissinger's glasses fall off in the toilet and Homer reclaims them from the bowl. 
Hellllo Dolly!


I'm pretty excited about having a job for the first time in two years.  I'm doubly excited that it's not in retail or fast food.  Within the next couple months, I'm going to start looking for equipment to start setting up a studio.  I never had a kiln or a wheel of my own before.  The thought of it is pretty exciting...  I can only imagine it's similar to the feeling of buying your first house, or having a kid... or something.  I've been doing some sleuthing around town and in STL to see what kind of studio space I can get within my budget.  There really isn't a place in my home to set up shop.  The whole basement has a coating of super-fine saw dust on everything.  I'd be afraid to fire a kiln here-- the whole house would go up like a tinder box.  

^^Life^^ (it tastes good like that)
I was wondering when I'd hit the point in my career where things stall out, and apparently it's now.  I really don't think of it as an occasion to get upset, but more of a time to pay my dues and take my licks.  Getting this job has really been awesome for keeping up my moral.  It's nice to feel like a long term goal is actually attainable.  In the grand scheme of things, another year really isn't that big of a deal.  As long as I follow through with my plans, everything will be gravy.









I couldn't sleep the other night, so I partook in my normal "lay there with the television on hoping that it will make me fall asleep by shooting my insomnia with plasma rays--but i know that's not why they call it a plasma tv..." ritual.  For some reason, the screen froze, so i started changing channels to see if they were all like that.  Only half of them were.  I stopped on Turner Classic movies, and had just enough time to snap this image before the television world started turning.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment